Sorry about not blogging lately. I just haven't had much time, with mom still in the hospital, sick kids, work, house to run blah, blah, blah...........Yes, mom is still in the hospital. I'm beginning to think she likes to scare us. A week ago today mom was really bad. The Dr's did another MRI and found the area that the stroke is located was growing. We were told that they are doing everything medically possible and that it's in god's hands now. Well, here we are a week later and she's still with us doing very extensive therapy. We met tuesday with all the individuals that are involved in her recovery process and we all decided to leave her in the hospital for another week. They will meet again this coming tuesday and decide if she's making improvements and what her next step will be. I really don't know how long they can leave her in the hospital but if they can't keep her there (and I would think it would be insurance issues) then I feel they are going to recommend a care center. I hate to see her end up there but I don't see any other solution, she's still not able to walk and still needs alot of therapy. Something that she wouldn't get at home. Her speech is coming along but there again still needs therapy.
As if we don't have enough going on with mom my kids decided that they needed some attention too. Caden was diagnosed with asthma and this past week came down with croup. Mariyah caught a cold which they figured came from Caden's croup. Croup to adults is a lovely cold which Nick has come down with....lol....so am I next????
For our 5 year anniversary Nick surprised me with tickets to go see Carrie Underwood november 19. I think after all the stress of everything going on it will be a much needed break. Bamma Debbie is coming to stay with the kids, thanks mom!
We went to Disney on Ice today and Caden absolutely loved every minute of it! Mariyah did really good too, she fell asleep a couple of times but when she was awake she was checking out all the lights, music and noise.
I'll try and be a better blogger in the future....lol
Hello World
11 years ago



2 comments:
I am so happy to hear that she is doing better. We just think she's a neat lady, and hope all the best for her, and for you.
WOOHOO, only a few more days until Carrie, and you know me, that I'll be singing along the whole time, and maybe a good thing we aren't sitting together because YOU MAYBE embarrassed..lol.poor Travis!
When one get's it, THEY ALL get it..lol that's the joy of having kids.
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, is there anything we can do for you guys? Take the kids, errands, meals whatever it is just let me know and I'd be glad to help.
Hope you all get feeling better.
I'm jealous, have a great time at Carrie Underwood!
I'll keep your mom in my prayers and please let me know if I can help in anyway.
Post a Comment